Take the Pledge not to text and drive and win a bluetooth handsfree headset from AT&T!
Did you know a new cell phone law goes into effect on October 1, making it a primary offense to be holding your phone and driving? That means police officers will be able to pull drivers over just for talking on a cell phone without a hands-free device. To help prevent texting and driving we’re teaming with AT&T to giveaway a Motorola Elite Silver headset! To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is Take the Pledge on Facebook and leave a comment Tech-Snobs Facebook page! More information below.
Special thanks to AT&T for providing the winner of this giveaway with a Motorola Elite Silver headset!
(A random winner will be chosen on 10/4/13)
ANTI TEXTING AND DRIVING – FACTS AND RESOURCES
Texting while driving is not only dangerous – it’s also illegal in Maryland. AT&T reminds you that when it comes to texting while driving, It Can Wait.
– Sending or reading a text takes your eyes off the road for 5 seconds. At 55mph, that’s like driving the length of a football field blindfolded.
– Over 100,000 accidents a year involve a driver who is texting.
– Pledge to never text and drive. Our It Can Wait campaign has inspired over 2.5 million pledges. One-in-three people who’ve seen the texting while driving message say they’ve changed their driving habits.
– Watch “From One Second to the Next,” a short film by renowned director Werner Herzog for the It Can Wait campaign.
– Experience our It Can Wait simulator, either online or during a pit-stop – we’ve brought it to MVA branches and schools across Maryland.